Yes, you need this in your life.
You need this because it’s fall and Honeycrisp apples and apple cider are in season!
You need this because the apples are soaked in BOURBON and the drinks are topped with SPARKLING WINE!
You need this because the glasses are rimmed with MAPLE SYRUP and CINNAMON SUGAR.
You need this because Halloween parties are coming up this month, and it’s “Thirsty Thursday” today! (Is that what “the kids” still call it?)
Oh, and most importantly, you need this because there’s an election coming up. (In case you haven’t heard.)
Apple Cider Sparkling Sangria
|Prep:||Yield: serves 2 - 6 (depending) 🙂||Total:|
Honeycrisp apples, bourbon, apple wine, and apple cider topped with sparkling wine and a maple cinnamon sugar rim! The perfect mix of fall and heaven in a glass!
- 2-3 apples (I used Honeycrisp, but any would work!), sliced
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 bottle of apple wine
- 3 cups apple cider
- A couple of cinnamon sticks
- Champagne/sparkling wine (I like brut)
- pure maple syrup
- brown sugar
- In a large pitcher or jar, add the sliced apples and bourbon. Allow to soak for about a half an hour.
- Add the apple wine and apple cider to the pitcher. Throw in some cinnamon sticks and mix it all around.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours, or better yet, overnight!
- To make the maple cinnamon sugar rim, pour a little bit of maple syrup in a bowl, and combine the cinnamon and sugar in another bowl. Flip the glasses over and dip the rim in the maple syrup first, then cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir the sangria well. Pour or ladle into your rimmed glasses and garnish with cinnamon sticks, sliced fruit, or whatever else you fancy!
Feel free to substitute bourbon with your favorite liquor! I'm thinking spiced rum, cinnamon whiskey, or brandy would be tasty?
I served this cold, but I bet it would be great warm, too! (Try it and let me know!)