Just look at those crispy crumbles of love!
This homemade chipotle ranch dressing is SO much better than anything you would get out of a bottle. Whisk up buttermilk, lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo, mayo, cumin, garlic powder, honey, and salt and pepper. Boom! Done.
On a bed of crisp Romaine lettuce, you’ll pile on the flavorful chorizo crumbles and chipotle ranch with tortilla chips, avocado, cherry tomatoes, black beans, and cheddar cheese. It’s crunchy, creamy, spicy, and easy. What more could we want for a weeknight meal?!
I love chopping everything roughly the same size so that you can get as many ingredients as possible in each bite. Taco salads are also the perfect way to use up those small crushed up tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag.
I’m pretty sure Trey would eat Mexican food every single day if he could. We actually made these twice last week because we liked them so much. Dooo it.
Chorizo Taco Salad with Chipotle Ranch
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 4||Total:|
These flavorful taco salads are spicy, crunchy, creamy, and easy!
- For the chipotle ranch:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 chipotle in adobo, finely chopped, plus 2 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the taco salad:
- 1 lb. fresh chorizo
- 2 Romaine lettuce heads, chopped
- 1 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- a couple of handfuls of your favorite tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- To make the dressing, whisk together the buttermilk, mayo, and lime juice. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined. Taste to adjust any seasonings. Store in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
- Remove the casings from the chorizo. Add to a skillet over medium heat, break up into crumbles, and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels so that some of the grease can drain.
- Layer all of the salad ingredients together with the lettuce on the bottom so that it doesn't wilt. Top with a drizzle of the chipotle ranch and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately!
Chipotle Ranch recipe from Guy Fieri
Any chance you’re just looking at Emmy and not her slobbery window?