This is my favorite picture of my two favorite valentines. If Emmy Lou’s little face and dangling paws don’t make your heart grow three sizes with love, I don’t know if anything will!
1. What Emmy’s loving this month: her new TUFF Crate Pad! We love this because it comes with a chew-proof guarantee. We used to be afraid that she would chew and eat any other bed while we left her alone. This is not an irrational fear; when we got her dewclaws removed, she gnawed her bandages off her feet and swallowed them while she was in her crate. She even had a cone on at the time!! This bed has made her crate much more cozy, and she hasn’t chewed it up at all! She did, however, chew one of the handles off of her crate last week. Guess you can’t win them all.
2. I absolutely love this post by Emilie Eats. First of all, the Strawberry Chocolate Chia Seed Parfaits sound AMAZING, and the bottom layer includes dark chocolate hummus! If you missed my Coconut Mocha Dessert Hummus last month, you can find it here. I had never even heard of sweet hummus until last month, but it’s actually so delicious! I think both of these treats would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. The other part I love about Emilie’s post is her point about taking the time to show those that you love how much you care every day of the year. This is a great time to think about how we can give more to relationships that deserve our attention, whether that includes our family, friends, significant other, or even your relationship with yourself.
3. Speaking of that, here are 50 Ways to Practice Self-Care. I found this on Pinterest and think so many of these things sound heavenly. Be kind to yourself and pick a few “tasks” to complete this month that sound wonderful to you!
4. So the Super Bowl is this weekend! (Right?) I might not be interested in the football, but I’m looking forward to the snacks! What are you making? If you need some ideas, check out these amazing Chicken Ranch Nachos, this healthy Layered Taco Dip, and my Chili Cornbread Pizza! YUM!
5. My favorite book that I read last month was It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. Even though it wasn’t my typical thriller novel, I couldn’t put it down and read it in two days. I thought the story was so powerful and complex. It’s best not to know much about the book before reading it, so I won’t say anything else besides that I really recommend it! Right now, I’m starting Lilac Girls and listening to A Gentleman in Moscow on audio book. I would love to hear any other recommendations!
6. I finally got Trey hooked on This Is Us, and we’re loving it! At least I’m loving it. I’m not sure if he would admit to that yet, but he even asked to watch some episodes on his birthday this past week, so I think that’s a big step! I also saw La La Land last week with some friends and thought it was awesome. What TV shows/movies have you been loving? I would love to use “blog research” as an excuse to watch more TV.
7. New (to me) fun Instagram account for dog lovers: @dogsbeingbasic
Wishing you a fantastic February!
A few of the links above are Amazon Affiliate links, meaning if you click the link and buy a product on Amazon, I will receive a small compensation. I will only link products I truly love, and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my site!