Chocolate chip cookies, fluffy marshmallow filling, and your favorite chocolate Halloween candy all in one glorious dessert bar. I barely even have words for how delicious these are!! These are the perfect treats to use up leftover Halloween candy, or a great excuse to buy yourself some Halloween candy!
This recipe was slightly adapted from these S’mores Cookie Bars from Something Swanky, and they are soooo yummy. There are even graham cracker crumbs in the cookie dough!! I Halloweenified them (that should be a word) by adding Halloween candy as the chocolate layer. I used Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, Twix, and Peanut M&Ms, but feel free to use your favorite chocolate candy!
What are you going to be for Halloween this year? Trey and I haven’t figured out our costumes yet for the Halloween party we’re going to this weekend (oops), but I DO know that I’m bringing these bars along, so that should count for something!
My mom is the QUEEN of Halloween. When I was in elementary school, she let me have a couple of Halloween parties at our house with my classmates. She read ghost stories and made scary refreshments, like freezing water in a glove to make a floating hand ice cube in the punch bowl and adding red food coloring to butter to make “bloody” popcorn. But the best part was that she would transform our entire garage into an amazingly spooky and fun haunted house for everyone to walk/run/scream through.
My step-brother and his wife (who shares the Queen of Halloween throne) throw a Halloween party every year, and my mom always makes great costumes. My step-dad is a good sport and goes along with all of her crazy ideas. Some of my recent favorites include when they dressed up like Shrek and Fiona (and even painted themselves green), when she went as Edward Scissorhands and he went as a shrub, when she was Maleficent and he was the raven, and when they dressed like each other! It will be interesting to see what she comes up with this year!
In addition to the Halloween party this weekend, I’m also going with my coworkers to a haunted house and I can’t wait!! Trey went to a haunted house with me one time and will never go back. To say he doesn’t share my love of scary things would be an understatement.
Whether you’re into the spooky stuff or not, I think almost everyone will be into these cookie bars! Happy Halloween!
Halloween Candy S’mores Cookie Bars
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 9 bars||Total:|
Graham cracker chocolate chip cookies, fluffy marshmallow filling, and your favorite Halloween candy all in one glorious dessert bar!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate semi-sweet chocolate chips
- leftover chocolate Halloween candy, chopped (I used a couple each of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, Twix, and Peanut M&Ms) (just eyeball the amount!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with a mixer.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, flour, and graham cracker crumbs until well-combined.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish (I used a foil pan and it was fine) and press about 3/4 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Slather the gooey marshmallow goodness on top of the cookie layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and chopped Halloween candy on top of the marshmallow cream.
- Dollop the remaining cookie dough all over the top of the candy layer.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes. Let the bars cool before cutting into nine squares.
- Try to resist eating the entire pan yourself!
- Or do it. Halloween is once a year! (Mostly kidding...)
Recipe slightly adapted from Something Swanky
Isn’t that one of the most beautiful bites you’ve ever seen?!