This picture is from last March, when Emmy Lou went “swimming” for the first time! She never did actually swim last year, but loved splashing around in the water. (We’ll have to try again this year!)
1. As she has gotten older, Emmy has become super observant and doesn’t like when things are out of the ordinary. This past month, she noticed one of our light bulbs in the ceiling fan burnt out, and she barked at it until Trey changed the light bulb. Another recent example was when we were all playing a game at my mom’s house, and we didn’t put the game back correctly. Someone put it on top of the shelf instead of on the game shelf. Emmy walked past, saw it was out of place, and barked until we put it in the right spot. Seriously, what dog notices these kinds of things?? I just love her and her quirks.
2. Can dogs laugh? I’m convinced Emmy laughs and has a sense of humor. When she thinks something is funny, she wiggles her body like crazy and hops back and forth on her feet and gives a bunch of kisses. She uses different body language than when she is just happy or excited. (Do I sound crazy? Don’t X out!)
3. Two wonderful friends of mine are getting married this fall. We’re thinking about doing this DIY Bellini Bar for one of the bridal showers. If you have any suggestions for how to make a bridal shower extra fun and special, I’m all ears!
4. I’ve been hearing a lot about The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living, so I picked it up from the library this week. Hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) is a Danish word that describes the feeling of comfort, togetherness, and well-being. Think hot drinks, fireplaces, candles, being close to nature, and finding joy in simple things. It all sounds great to me!
5. What are your plans for St. Patrick’s Day? Last year I made this Slow Cooker Guinness Shepherd’s Pie. I want to try this Beer Baked Tempeh Reuben this year! Oooh, with this Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse for dessert! And how cute is this four-leaf clover Bell Pepper and Potato Fritata??
6. I still can’t believe that this music festival that was announced this past week is happening about five minutes away from the tiny town where I grew up. My hometown is so tiny and rural that most of my neighbors were Amish. (Which was great.) Of course the lineup is exciting, but my brain sees John Legend and immediately wonders if Chrissy Teigen will be there. I just LOVE her and her cookbook! She’s so hilarious and the food in her book is seriously so awesome.
7. Trey and I are looking to buy a KING bed this month, and I can barely contain my excitement! The three of us (Trey, Emmy, and I) have been sleeping in a full bed, and of course the Queen Bee gets most of the room and sprawls out in the center, leaving Trey and I each a sliver of the bed on each side of her. A king bed is going to feel like HEAVEN. Something like this is my dream bedding inspiration. The only downside is something that cozy will probably make it even harder to get out of bed in the morning… Ooh, but it most definitely will be hygge!
Have a great March, everyone!
A few of the links above are Amazon Affiliate links, meaning if you click the link and buy a product on Amazon, I will receive a small compensation. I will only link products I truly love, and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my site!