Earlier this month, it was Emmy Lou’s first birthday!
In honor of her birthday, we made her turkey meatloaf “pupcakes” with mashed potato frosting and bacon sprinkles.
To make the pupcakes, you only need ground turkey, shredded carrot, shredded zucchini, oats, and eggs. I threw the rest of these tiny treats in the freezer without the frosting. Every once and awhile this month, I have been heating one up and crumbling it on top of her regular food. She goes CRAZY for them!!
“Is that for me?? Please let it be for me!!”
We weren’t going to ask for any of your pupcake – you don’t have to stick your tongue out at us!
Meatloaf Pupcakes with Mashed Potato Icing
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 12 pupcakes||Total:|
You'll make a lucky pup really happy with these easy and healthy treats!
- For the pupcakes:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- a couple of pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional for sprinkles)
- For the mashed potato frosting:
- about three potatoes, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of water until tender.
- Drain almost all of the water and whip the potatoes with a handheld mixer. Add a little water if you need it until you get a good frosting texture. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the pupcakes together in a bowl.
- Roll the turkey mixture into 12 balls and place in the muffin tin.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, or until the pupcakes are cooked through.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, if using.
- Put the mashed potatoes in a ziplock bag and cut off one corner to pipe the frosting onto the pupcakes.
- Sprinkle with bacon crumbles and serve to your fur baby!
Recipe slightly adapted from Michelle's Party Plan-It
Hoping your holiday season is filled with lots of love and treats!