These “Puppy Love” Treats are for that furry, special someone in your life, because we can’t forget our pets on Valentine’s Day! Can you believe these adorable little dog treats are only THREE ingredients?
The hardest part is cutting the darn banana slices into hearts. Surprisingly, though, this really isn’t that bad! Just cut a small triangle in the top of the banana slice with a sharp knife, then cut the bottom into a point. You can also round the corners with a knife a little if you want. You can probably tell I didn’t have too much patience to try to make them all uniform, but your fur baby won’t be able to tell the difference and they will still look cute! After they’re sliced, throw them in the freezer to firm up.
In a food processor, combine some fresh strawberries and plain Greek yogurt until you have a beautiful pink coating for the banana hearts. You may recall that Emmy Lou decided she doesn’t like strawberries. It must be a texture thing, though, because she gobbled this puréed strawberry yogurt up! Dip the frozen bananas into the yogurt, and then put them back in the freezer.
I love Emmy’s tongue in this pic! She went so crazy for these!!
Embarrassingly enough, I didn’t even think about how these are also human-friendly snacks until the day after making them, but I can confirm that I also think these are delicious!
"Puppy Love" Treats
|Prep:||Yield: about 30-40 little dog treats||Total:|
These adorable and nutritious dog treats are made with just three ingredients!
- about 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3-4 strawberries, sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Cut the banana slices into hearts by cutting a small triangle out of the top, and then cutting the bottom so it comes to a point. You can round the edges slightly with the knife if you would like.
- Place the banana hearts on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the strawberries and Greek yogurt to a food processor. Blend until well combined. You can add a tiny splash of water if it seems too thick.
- Dip the frozen banana hearts into the strawberry yogurt with a fork to coat. Tap off the excess yogurt and place onto the baking sheet again. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Store the treats in the freezer for when your fur baby needs a special snack!
Will you be my valentine?